Fri, 16 Nov|
GMT time (Online Lecture)
Systematic approaches and techniques for the management of space provision in orthodontics
During this live online webinar with 3 hours of verified CPDs, Dr Almuzian will explain the systematic methods used to plan/ manage arch length discrepancy during orthodontic planning. The webinar is ideal for orthodontists and PG students planning to sit the MOrth RCS or Board exam.
Time & Location
16 Nov 2018, 19:00 – 22:00
GMT time (Online Lecture)
About The Event
Topic: Systematic approaches and techniques for the management of space provision in orthodontics
Lecturer: Mohammed Almuzian (Mo)/ Specialist Orthodontist (UK), Honorary Lecturer in Orthodontics (University of Sydney), Honorary Research Fellow (University of Edinburgh)
To watch the bio video about Dr Almuzian, please click on this link.
Objective: The objective of this webinar is to update the understanding of the orthodontic space provision techniques
Aim: The aim of this webinar is to provide an understanding of how to pre-plan orthodontic cases and to tailor space provision choices according to individual patients
• Introduce the process of orthodontic treatment planning;
• Define the factors involved in management of arch length discrepancy in permanent and primary dentitions;
• Revise the principles of interproximal enamel reduction, its indication, contraindications and the potential iatrogenic effects;
• Describe the role of individual extraction choices in contemporary orthodontics;
• Illustrate the methods for molar distalisation, its indications, contraindications and potential iatrogenic effects;
• Explain the basis of arch expansion and lengthening and how to implement them in clinical practice;
• Plan and manage orthodontic space needs in clinical practice and select the appropriate appliance(s); and
• Appraise the most recent evidence.
Development outcomes: This webinar meets the criteria for the General Dental Council (GDC) development outcomes A and C.
Event requirements and policy:
- Language of the presentation will be in English;
- Make sure that you have strong and stable internet connection;
- The webinar will be through Zoom. Details of how to join us will be sent upon completion of the registration. Each ticket allows one participant to join the webinar. To watch a demo about how to use Zoom, click on this link;
- Limited seats available;
- Each event ticket will give an access to attend the live webinar, 3-month access to the recorded webinar, handouts of the lecture and relevant reading materials, PDF copies of all discussed evidence and 3-hour verified CPD certificate!; and
- Tickets are non-refundable.
Accepted payment methods:
- Major credit and debit cards (managed by Stripe);
- PayPal; and
- Bank transfer (Glasgow Orthodontic Academy, BARCLAYS BANK, IBAN:GB67 BUKB 20292463868710).
Share with your friends and colleagues on Social Media. Just the link below copy and paste!
Accepted payment methods are major credit and debit cards (managed by Stripe); PayPal; and Bank transfer (our bank details are: Glasgow Orthodontic Academy, BARCLAYS BANK, IBAN:GB67 BUKB 20292463868710).£75.00